Monday, September 11, 2006

Bug Bites


I don't know if anyone has posted about bug bites yet, but I just wanted to mention what a pain they are. Bug bites pester almost everybody in the program. Almost everyone has at some point had their shoulders, arms, legs or faces dotted with bright red marks that they couldn't kep from scratching. They are ugly, and very itchy. Every night the bugs feast on our bodies, and in the morning we wake up with these welts. I woke up with bug bites all around both my ankles this morning, and they have been bothering me all day.

I know I shouldn't scratch, but as some very wise person said, "there are three things you can't resist: eating when you're hungry, sleeping when you're tired, and scratching where it itches"

About Rome...well, we went to the tomb of St. Peter today. It was very intersting. The tombs were dark, wet, and stuffy. They were also very small. However, we got to see tombs that haven't been moved since since they were put there 2000 years ago, and urns filled with dead people's ashes. But the coolest part was the sliding glass doors in the middle of these harrowing crypts. I felt like I was walking along a tunnel to Dr. Evil's secret lair.

In other news...today I spent a moment of silence remembering those that died on September 11. I can't believe it's already been five years. I remember that day as it it was only a yesterday. I wonder how this event will be remembered. I wonder how it will go down in history. As the spark of one of mankind's greatest conflicts? Perhaps. Probably not though. But then again, nobody knows how the future will play itself out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home