Thursday, September 14, 2006

Rain Rain Rain


Laura twirling in front of the pantheon

I'm terribly sorry that I didn't post yesterday. I don't even remember what happened yesterday. Oh yes, it was a lot of paperwriting. And juggling. Oh YES now I remember! I presented on Eastern European immigrants. Well, there isn't much to say about that except that it happened and now I'm done.


Amy barefoot in the rain.

Now, onto more interesting matters, namely, rain. It was my first rain in Rome. And boy, did it rain. It didn't just rain. It poured. Some of my friends were absolutely ecstatic to get a taste of Seattle here in Rome. In fact, their enthusiasm bordered insanity as some points. But it was all good.

We also saw St. Peter's Bascilica in the Vatican today. I actually like it more in the rain. It is more gloomy, and makes the interior more tangible and real. When it's sunny and all the gold is shining, I find it incomprehensible. The clouds made St. Peter's bascillica more real.

Some cool facts: part of the cross Jesus was crucified on is in the Bascilica. In addition to the cross, part of the spear Christ was stabbed with as he was on the cross is also in the bascillica. There's a lot of cool stuff there.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

"Some cool facts: part of the cross Jesus was crucified on is in the Bascilica. In addition to the cross, part of the spear Christ was stabbed with as he was on the cross is also in the bascillica. There's a lot of cool stuff there."

Well, that's what's said about the wood; of course, even a Christian wouldn't say that these most definitely are relics.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Julenka said...

Wait, could you explain that please? I didn't really understand what you said...

10:25 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

Sorry. I know. What I was trying to say is that no one is absolutely sure that those items are relics, so it seems a bit inaccurate to describe them as "part of the cross Jesus was crucified on is in the Bascilica. In addition to the cross, part of the spear Christ was stabbed with as he was on the cross is also in the bascillica."

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home