Saturday, September 16, 2006

Hidden Treasures


"All Roads lead to Rome"--I took this photo just outside Rome's wall. Notice how all the cars are going into Rome.



It's funny how sometimes you find the most amazing things when you go wander just a little bit away from the beaten path. We went to this place called Villa Borghese today. The museum there was incredible. I wish I could spend my entire day there, looking at every painting, examining what each person in each painting was doing, and what each painting meant. But, we left after only two hours.

At the end of our excrusion, we all gathered in the front of the museum and sort of just stood there. I don't like standing still long. So, Jenn and I decided to just go off and wander for a bit. We didn't head directly back. We sort of just knew the general direction which we were going, and sort of wandered that way. Along the way, we saw a mysterious clock tower in the middle of a pond, a beautiful, serene, giant puddle, and the most amazing view of Rome I've seen.

I also got some awesome photos. I really like the color in these. Nature is pretty amazing when you look beyond just what you're supposed to see. Anyway, enjoy.


A rose on the base on a vandalized statue we saw.Part of a palm tree.

Someone painted this lion's toes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home